For me as a professional makeup artist I find using powder as a necessary step to achieve flawless skin. Over the years I have combined a few great techniques that really work and get amazing results! Follow my step by step application techniques below:
- Use a makeup sponge or velour puff to apply powder with (I like to dampen sponges ever so slightly).
- Press firmly onto the base in a rocking motion, never drag or swipe over the skin as this can remove the base layer.
- Remove excess powder with a big fluffy brush by lightly dusting over the face, ensure the brush is clean.
- Check the hair line and eyebrows for discolouration.
- Apply setting spray if you wish.
- If you are trying to achieve a natural sheen, mist over the face with a very fine water spray around 12-16″ away from the face.