Why do we never talk about ‘normal’ skin? There seems to be so many hints & tips out there for those with ‘problem skin’, ‘oily skin’ & ‘dry skin’ however, normal skin is very rarely talked about, why? Maybe because it is quite rare in the way that the majority of people will have a combination skin type and the belief that you can use any products on your skin which isn’t actually true. Below are of my hints, tips or tricks to help you care for your normal skin:
- Always cleanse twice per day with a gentle cleanser. The formula is completely up to you such as you can choose to use a balm, lotion or cream etc, personally I would stay away from foam as it can be quite drying. Such as this one from The Body Shop > Balm.
- Use a face mask once per week, think Papaya or Oatmeal something cleansing but also moisturising. I like the Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask from Lush.
- You should still exfoliate once every 2 weeks which a fine exfoliant.
- Don’t over powder you face, this can clog pores and create dry, flakey patches as well as unexpected breakouts.
- Use cotton pads soaked in rose water on your face and decollate once per day, it feels & smells lovely!
- Use a light serum to keep skin rejuvenated.
- Eye cream/serum is your friend! Even though the skin is normal in condition the thinnest parts of the skin can become dry in cooler weather, lets keep those crows feet at bay!